When we suffer from any type of pain, everything else falls by the wayside as we look for relief. Back pain is no different. If you happen to be picking out a gift for people with back pain, there is nothing more appreciated than the gift of pain relief.
In this post I’ll show you my top 10 best gifts for your family or friends that suffer from back pain.
1. Snailax Heated Neck and Back Massager
- Four different massage settings for the upper, lower, and full back to alleviate tension and pain.
- Spot Massage function allows you to pinpoint and tackle specific problem areas.
- Includes a vibration seat massage to release tension in the hips and thighs.
- Versatile massager that can be used with any office or dining chair, sofa, or recliner to instantly add massaging to them.
- Around $150
The Snailax Shiatsu Heated Back and Neck Massager is perfect for your loved ones or friends who spend an awful long time sitting down, or who suffer from chronic back pain. This portable massage pad comes with multiple settings, from seated vibration, spot massage therapy, adjustable neck massage, to a rolling back massage. In addition, the seat is adjustable and can conform to any body type.
With a perfect 5/5 star rating on Amazon, the Snailax Shiatsu is one of the best neck and back massage pads in the $150 price range. Make the switch to a heated neck and back massager and feel the difference within your muscles and joints in just a few short uses. You can purchase this ergonomically superior gift here.
2. The BackPod
- Specifically designed to reposition the spine into pain-free posture from daily use.
- Alleviates pain from asthma, rib pain from pregnancy, scoliosis, and Scheuermann’s Disease, among others.
- Save money from expensive doctor’s visits and spinal readjustments.
- Great for people with poor posture from learning forward over electronic devices often.
- Winner of multiple international awards for spinal treatment and positioning.
- Less than $100
Do you hunch when you work, or even when you walk? Bad posture is not only terrible for the spine and can lead to low back pain, injury, and strain, but it also projects low confidence and self-esteem. Good posture — upright, tall, and with an open ribcage — breeds confidence and helps to alleviate back pain, all at the same time!
The BackPod, developed and designed in Australia, is the answer to positioning problems naturally. It is specifically designed to pull your incorrect spine into proper alignment by laying on it daily for 10 minutes. The home program also includes two muscle strengthening exercises, two massage techniques to loosen tight muscles, the best daily stretch for your neck flexors, and a simple understanding of correct posture.
A chiropractor can easily cost over $100 per session. The BackPod offers a much more cost effective solution for potentially eliminating back pain and correcting your posture at the same time. For people with chronic back pain, this must might be the perfect gift.
3. Innova ITM4800 Heat and Massage Inversion Table
- One of the very few inversion tables with massage and heated functions.
- Features a large backrest pad and handlebars for maximum comfort.
- Massage pad provides isolated heat and vibration.
- Adjustable headrest pad, height, and foot to micromanage the person’s center of gravity.
- Accommodates users up to 6’6” tall and 300lbs.
- Less than $200
For one of the best gifts of health, look no further than the Innova heavy duty inversion table. Apart from promoting good circulation and relieving spinal pressure, the unique heated massage pad also soothes the back and relieves back pain.
The Innova inversion table comes with a heating pad, headrest, and armrest for maximum comfort. It also has an adjustable headrest lacking in most inversion tables.
What makes the Innova inversion table stand apart is the patent pending six (6) pin adjustable inversion system, which makes it more efficient and safer than other leading brands. This inversion experience is meant to be smooth and effortless, and the heated pad only adds to back pain relief. You can purchase you own here.
4. Bonmedico Orthopedic Lumbar Support Pillow
- Large memory foam that supports your entire spine and promotes ergonomically correct posture.
- Can be adjusted for either low, full, or upper back pain relief.
- Two adjustable straps allow the support pillow to attach to any chair, couch cushion, or recliner.
- Comes with a removable cover for hygienic clean-up.
Easily transportable with its own carrying case, making back pain relief possible virtually anywhere!
- Less than $30
On average, a human adult spends 11.5 hours sitting per day. This amount of sitting, normally in an unfavorable position, puts undue pressure on the spine and leads to low or mid-back pain, strain, and eventually injury.
When we cannot change out our entire chair, we can opt for added support. The Bonmedico Orthopedic Lumbar Support Pillow makes the perfect gift for people who often experience back pain when sitting, by transforming every single seat into an ergonomically sound one. Whether an airplane seat, office chair, wheelchair, or car seat, there are few types of chairs the Bonmedico pillow cannot be used on.
The Biomedic support pillow differs from others because it’s made of memory foam. Memory foam conforms to your body’s natural shape and helps to promote healthier posture almost instantly. In addition, this pillow is transportable, washable, and can be securely attached to any chair you come across.
You can purchase your own pillow here.
5. DGYAO Red & Infrared Light Therapy Belt
- Used to treat pain in the back, shoulders, legs, and arms.
- Treatment areas can range up to 12” x 6”.
- Uses dual infrared & Red Dual Light Therapy to reach deep layers of the skin.
- Auto shut-off timer.
- Promotes faster healing, blood circulation, and cell regeneration.
When we think infrared, we normally think of something that’s potentially harmful. However, the DGYAO Infrared belt uses infrared (and Red light) for healing instead, and makes a perfect gift for anyone who suffers from muscle pain, poor circulation, or colds. Thanks to the flexible design, the belt can be strapped onto virtually any area of the body. FDA Approved.
6. SOLIDBACK Back Stretcher
- Chiropractic treatment without visiting a doctor with just a few minutes a day.
- Produced from high quality EVA foam that can support upwards of 300 lbs without losing form.
- Relieves low back pain from sciatica, pinched nerves, herniated disk pain, and more.
- Less than $30
If you or your loved ones suffer from low back pain, sometimes all that’s needed is a little pressure relief and readjustment. The SOLIDBACK Back Stretcher is meant to do just that, and all that’s required is a few minutes per day.
Made of quality EVA foam, the SOLIDBACK Back Stretcher is designed to stretch out and realign the spinal cord, as a result of hunching and unwanted pressure. Though it can be uncomfortable at first, like the first few visits to a chiropractic doctor or yoga class, the SOLIDBACK Back Stretcher helps to alleviate back pain over time.
The Solidback makes a great budget gift, costing less than $40.
7. Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- Winner of numerous awards as best ergonomic office chair.
- Fully adjustable: heights up to 6’6”, weight up to 300lbs., and posture / handle fit.
- Fabric is designed to add eight latitudinal zones of varying tension for support.
- Harmonic 2 Tilt provides easy and balanced motion through varying posture changes.
- Backed by a 12 year, 3-shift warranty.
- Around $1,350
Normal office chairs simply are not designed for ergonomics, and often are the source of back and neck pain from prolonged sitting.
The Herman Miller Aeron Chair is specifically designed to support the body and encourage micro movements. The result is a chair that many people say have eliminated their chronic back and neck pain.
The fabric on the Herman Miller Aeron is a technological wonder, with 8 different zones of tension in the back and seat area to tailor the support to different parts of your body. Along with a backrest that flexes and contours to your spine, and this is the pinnacle of ergonomic chairs. Its high price tag also makes this a gift reserved only for the absolute favorite people in your life.
You can purchase your own here.
8. Zyllion Shiatsu Back Neck Massager
- Includes 4 deep-kneading rotating nodes for ultimate relief.
- Equipped with automatic 20min. sessions to ensure no overuse.
- Includes two adjustable straps so that it can be used with all types of chairs securely.
- FDA tested and listed
- Less than $40
Full sized massage chairs take up a lot of room and are very expensive. For a portable device that delivers decent messages without breaking the bank, take a look at the Zyllion Shiatsu Back Neck Massager. It’s specifically designed to deliver 20 minute shiatsu-style massages anywhere you go! The adjustable straps make it convenient to attach in the car, your office chair, or at home.
The four deep-kneading massage nodes in the Zyllion Shiatsu Back Neck Massager are specifically designed to alleviate back pain and stop it from returning. The heat function helps melt away tension. Many owners have praised both the quality of the machine, and the soothing massages it delivers. A 30 day unconditional money back guarantee makes this a risk free purchase for both yourself or as a gift.
9. FLEXISPOT Height Adjustable Standing Desk
- Adjustable workspace allows you to choose between sitting and standing.
- Adjustable range from 5.5″ to 19.7″.
- Easy to maneuver desktop allows for smooth transition between sitting and standing.
- Desk surface is spacious and measures 35″ x 23.2″ , making it optimal for heavy loaders.
- Very minimal assembly required.
- Less than $200
By now you’ve probably read a lot about the benefits of standing desks, although a dedicated standing desk usually costs several hundred dollars, if not thousands. It also means throwing out your old, perfectly functional desk. Another solution? The use of an adjustable stand insead that goes on top of your existing desk to instantly turn it into a standing desk.
The Flexispot Height Adjustable Standing Desk is one of the best adjustable stands to promote better health while at work. The adjustable desk allows for smooth transition between sitting and standing, raising from a low height of 5.5” all the way up to 19.7” effortlessly. In addition, the large work surface and dual-layer of keyboard and monitor stands mean you can fit all your essential equipment on the stand with ease. Whether for yourself or as a gift, the Flexispot Standing Desk will surely delight and improve the recipient’s health all at the same time.
10. Varier Variable Balans Original Kneeling Chair
- Promotes healthy movement while sitting and correct posture.
- Perfect for either home or office work.
- Suitable for both adults and children, of all ages.
- Made of 100% recycled polyester.
- Chair rocks forward and backward to promote micro movements throughout the day
- Less than $300
Conventional chairs pull the hips into a continual upward tilt and cause stiffness there, as well as in the lower back. A kneeling chair has become all the rage as a sitting solution that encourages perfect, upright posture, strong core muscles, and an opened ribcage and upper body. Their very design helps engage your core, opens up your hips, and removes pressure from your spine and bottom.
The Varier Variable Balans Original Kneeling Chair was originally produced in 1979 and has been a staple ever since. The simple design allows for continual movement without undue pressure on the lumbar spine, as well as proper core bracing and spinal alignment. In addition, the chair is set on rocking legs so that each user can find their own proper balance without compromising their ideal positioning.
For a timeless gift that looks great in any home or office setting, the Varier Kneeling Chair is high up on our list of gifts for people with back pain to get for.