Looking to get a new gaming chair and have $300 to spend? Well, you’re in luck,
Based on our long history testing gaming chairs, we’ve found $300 to be a sweet spot in terms of best value for the money. It’s at this price point where you can get most of the premium features such as a sturdy metal or aluminum base, cold cured foam padding, and 4D armrests without paying $500 or even $600 for them.
Best Gaming Chairs Under $300 at a Glance
- AKRacing Core Series EX – Best Overall Gaming Chair Under $300
- GT Omega Elite – Runner’s Up
- GTracing Gaming Chair – Best Under $300 with Footrest
- AutoFull Pink Gaming Chair – Best Option for Girls
- Depointer Life Recliner – Best Gaming Recliner under $300
- FatasyLab Big and Tall – Best Option for Large Gamers
- Komene Mesh – Best Option for Keeping Cool
Note: Prices subject to change. Check final pricing before purchasing.
AKRacing Core Series EX – Best Overall
- Dimensions: 29.7" W x 49.25" - 52.75" H | Seat Height: 4.25" | Armrest Height: 11" - 13.7"
- Wide metal frame with anti-corrosive coating covered with high-density cold-cured foam padding for...
- Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows for comfort and enhanced ergonomics included.
Topping our list of best gaming chair under $300 is the AKRacing Core EX. This is an extremely well built chair that’s comparable in quality to even the likes of a DX Racer, for a lot less.
The first thing you’ll notice about all AKRacing chairs is their solid construction. The AKRacing Core EX is no exception. The durable steel frame comes with an anti-corrosion finish, which improves its durability while ensuring it won’t rust. The five-legged base is also made of out metal, unlike cheaper gaming chairs that opt for nylon (hardened plastic).
One owner that is 315 lbs extols that the chair holds up perfectly under his weight with no creaking or unsettling noises. In our testing, we also found the AKRacing Core Series exceptionally built, with no squeaking whatsoever:
Unlike budget gaming chairs, the padding inside the Core EX consist of cold-cured foam. At nearly 5x the density of regular foam, this cold cured version retains its shape much better over time. The entire chair is covered in premium polyester upholstery that feels soft to the touch and breathable as well.
We were also impressed with the gaming chair’s backrest and 3D armrests. The backrest is extremely well padded, and can reline to an incredible 180 degrees to completely stretch out your back. The wide armrests both pivot and move back and forth to support your arms in any position.
The only potential downside about this chair, which you may not like, especially if you’re on the larger side, is the bucket-seat design. The flaps on the seat appear more bent to the inside and can be too narrow if you have thicker thighs. FYI the usable seat width is 15.5″.
- Solid construction with zero squeaking
- Smooth fabric upholstery that’s also breathable
- High-density foam won’t depress over time
- Wide 3D armrests
- Bucket seat design not ideal for wider people
- Seat cushion on the firm side
GT Omega Elite Gaming Chair – Runner’s Up
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE: With the height-adjustable gas spring cylinder, you have full tilt tension and height...
- ORTHOPAEDICALLY DESIGNED: GT Omega racing office Chairs provide outstanding support with our deep-sided...
- STYLISH OFFICE CHAIR: Designed for all body types, this gaming chair will give you supreme comfort and...
Coming in second is GT Omega Elite, which offers great comfort and support while also taking the crown for being one of the slickest gaming chairs we’ve come across recently.
The first thing you’ll most likely notice about the GT Omega is its incredibly stylish design. Apart from a choice of 4 colors, all chairs are adorn with a Spiderman inspired pattern that spans the entire backrest and seat. The design of the backrest itself is also striking, with an inner cut out that helps dissipate heat better.
In terms of features, the GT Omega Elite one ups the AKRacing Core with 4D armrests. Apart from length and angle adjustable, they can also move laterally to support your arms even if they are wider or shorter than average. We also love the multi-tilt mechanism of the backrest that rocks and reclines the backrest up to 160 degrees.
The defining factor of gaming chairs that cost $300 or more is the higher build quality relative to cheaper chairs, and the GT Omega proves this point resoundingly. The frame is made out of tubular steel that is strong enough to support up to 265 pounds easily. It also has an aluminum star base that is stronger even than metal to ensure maximum durability.
For added longevity, cold cured foam is used inside as padding for the chair. Furthermore, the upholstery consists of PVC leather, which is more durable and less resistant to tearing than PU leather.
One owner of the GT Omega was blown away by the quality of the chair, saying he was surprised it doesn’t cost more than the $300 asking price.
In terms of drawbacks, the GT Omega share similar quibbles as the AKRacing Core. The seat is on the firm side, and the usable width is around 15.7″. This means if you’re either big or tall, you’ll most likely find the GT Omega a little too cramped for your liking.
- Solid steel and aluminum body
- Cold foam padding and tear resistant PVC leather
- 4D armrests that move in all directions
- Beautiful stylish design, great for both office and home setup
- Bucket seat design not ideal for wider people
- Seat cushion on the firm side
GTRACING Gaming Chair – Best Chair Under $300 with footrest
When we reviewed the original GTracing gaming chair earlier this year, we rated it the best budget option out there. Well, the GTracing GT909 builds on top of this winning formula by adding a footrest as well.
I don’t know about you, but whenever I recline the backrest of a chair to say 130 degrees or so, the natural inclination is to try to raise my legs as well so my entire body is supported. The flip out footrest on this GTracing chair facilitates that wonderfully. One owner who originally didn’t think it would be that useful says he uses the footrest all the time now.
And that’s understandable. The backrest on the GTracing reclines back 170 degrees to near flat. Moreover, we found it effortless to either rock or recline the backrest, unlike some chairs where the tilt mechanism can be stiff. This encourages constant movement and change of posture as you work or game.
The GTRacing chair also earns high marks from us in the area of comfort. There are a couple of reasons.
Firstly, if you like your seat on the softer side like us, you’ll love the memory foam used inside the GTracing chair that offers just the right mix of softness and support, especially for the average weight person.
We also found the external pillows on the GTracing surprisingly comfortable. The neck pillow in particular exceeded our expectations, and is just the right size with the ability to move up and down to support your neck in most sitting positions.
Of course, coming in at well under $300, there are a couple of shortcomings of the GTracing chair relative to the other chairs here. The base of the chair is made of nylon instead of metal or aluminum, and the memory foam padding is less likely to hold its shape over time under heavy weight compared to cold cured foam.
Nonetheless, if you’re of average weight (230 lbs in our estimation), you’ll most likely be happy with this GTracing GT909 if you’re looking for a comfortable gaming chair made even better with a footrest.
- Pull out footrest to support your entire body
- Backrest that both tilts and reclines up to 170 degrees
- Decent 3D armrests
- Comfortable seat with just the right firmness
- Most budget friendly chair on this list
- Not ideal for heavier people over 230 lbs
- Padding in the backrest a little thin
AutoFull Pink Gaming Chair – Best Option for Girls
- Chair Design Inspiration: AutoFull grows up with innovating and evolving spirits.Brighe colors and bunny...
- Bunny Ear Design: This bunny ear headband has a cute design and is made of plush fabric, with a...
- High Quality Material:On the cushions used 4.33in High-density native shaped sponge endows the chair with...
If you’re a girl or have girls in your life that love gaming, the AutoFull pink gaming chair is among the few high quality chairs that caters specifically to the female market with its cute pink and bunny rabbit design.
Let’s address the bunny in the room first. The AutoFull chair goes full throttle on cuteness, with bunny ears at the top, a detachable fluffy tail behind the chair, and soft armrest covers, among other free accessories that’s included with the chair. The result is almost universal praise from female owners on the adorable design that finally appeals to them.
Like the GTRacing chair above, the AutoFull pink chair uses memory foam inside the seat as padding. This has the advantage of feeling plush and yielding, and is a reasonable choice given the target audience. The lumbar and neck pillows are also above average in quality.
Owners of the AutoFull also seem enamored by the armrests. With the included covers, they feel soft, even “fluffy” to the touch, completing the adorable, feminine sitting experience.
At the end of the day, there are very few gaming chairs that cater to girls as successfully as the AutoFull pink chair. And this makes it an easy pick if your next gaming chair is for a girl.
- Feminine pink and white color scheme
- Free accessories such as bunny ears and tails to further accessorize chair
- Backrest that both tilts and reclines up to 155 degrees
- Generous 3 year warranty
- Not ideal for heavier people over 230 lbs
- Armrests wobbble a little too easily
Depointer Life Gaming Recliner – Best Gaming Recliner
- 【Multifunction design】 designed with adjustable lumbar support and headrest for extra comfort....
- 【Selected material】 memory foam padding on top of the existing seat Cushion and premium PU leather...
- 【Movable side pocket cupholders on the each side to satisfy your different living habits and two...
Are you a gamer that always likes to slump in the chair with your legs kicked up on the desk as you game? What you need is a gaming recliner, which is specifically designed to accommodate such a posture. And for one of the best gaming recliners under $300, the Depointer Life is your man.
Featuring a tall 32.9″ backrest and wide 20″ seat, you can be rest assured that this chair will provide your shoulders, back, and arms with complete coverage regardless of how you sit. There is also an adjustable headrest and lumbar pillow, which help to ensure you get extra support and comfort in the two key areas that tend to ache first.
The defining feature of a recliner however is the large kick out footrest, and the Depointer Life doesn’t disappoint. Unlike the footrest on office chairs that are often narrow and with a small surface area, the one on the Depointer is large and extremely sturdy. It basically turns the recliner into a reclining bed.
A customer who bought this chair for her husband says he’s ecstatic about his new man cave, and that the recliner is the most comfortable chair he’s sat on.
Other features that separate the Depointer Life from a regular gaming chair are the cup holder and side storage pockets to elevate your sitting experience even more.
The Depointer isn’t without faults, however. The chair is non height adjustable, and the backrest only reclines, but doesn’t rock. Still, for most people, the recliner will prove far more comfortable than any standard gaming chair for people who like to sit in a heavily reclined position.
- Large footrest that comfortably support your entire lower body
- Thick premium leather upholstery
- Cup holder to prevent spills when gaming
- Side pockets for placing head-phones, tv remote, and other smaller items
- Chair height not adjustable
- Backrest doesn’t tilt, only reclines
FANTASYLAB Big and Tall – Best for Big and Tall Users
- ★ 【THE MOST COMFORTABLE CHAIR】 - Upgrade your gaming experience with this ergonomically designed...
- ★ 【EVERY PART IS ADJUSTABLE】- You can adjust every single part of the racing style gaming chair to...
- ★ 【HIGH-SECURITY】- Integrated metal frame, explosion-proof gas spring of international standards,...
If you’re big and tall, your requirements for a gaming chair will be very different from that of an average built person. And this is when you’d really want to spend a little extra to ensure the quality and durability of the chair, which the FantasyLab chair more than provides.
The chair is made out of a sturdy metal frame and heavy duty metal base that can support up to 400 pounds without breaking or bending.
Everything about the FantasyLab chair is king size. The width of the seat comes in at 21.7″, wider than anything else on this list. The backrest towers at 33.5″. Even the seat height range caters to larger folks, with a maximum height of 22.8″.
For big guys, the amount of padding is especially important for comfort. Cheaper big and tall gaming chairs usually come with a maximum 4″ of padding in the seat. Not the FantasyLab chair, which has an incredible 6″ of high density foam in the seat to ensure you don’t end up feeling the frame of the chair when you sit.
As a results, several big owners have voiced their praise of the FantasyLab chair. One user that is 320 lbs says the cushions are very supportive and comfy. Another user that is 6′ and 250 lbs says this is probably the best bang for the buck you’re going to find in such a hefty chair.
All in all, there’s not a lot to dislike about the FantasyLab chair if you’re over 250lbs and need a bigger chair to accommodate your body better.
- Ultra thick 6″ seat cushions
- Wide 21.7″ seat with no side bolsters
- Tough integrated steel frame that supports up to 400 lbs
- Backrest reclines up to 155 degrees
- Massage function on lumbar pillow basically a gimmick
Komene Mesh Home – Best Mesh Option (for staying cool)
Last on our list isn’t really a gaming chair in the typical sense. However, if staying cool under hot weather or heavy enemy fire is your main goal, the Komeme Mesh Chair may just be your best companion.
First off, one thing that makes this chair stand out from the rest here is the type of material used. The Komene is made from a breathable mesh fabric both on the seat and back, giving it superior breathability compared to most gaming chairs that opt for PU leather as their upholstery. In hotter climates or if you easily sweat, this type of material is a lot more sensible than leather.
This mesh chair features an ergonomic headrest that you can adjust separately from the backrest. Both its height and angle can be modified to achieve the perfect position for maximum neck comfort and support. It also boasts 3D armrests with a soft PU padding for added comfort while also allowing you to adjust it in three different ways to get the most comfortable position.
The backrest can also tilt back, so you can comfortably relax at a 135-degree angle. Most owners of this chair love how easy it was to assemble it and its build quality.
- Versatile neck rest that move in/out and up/down
- Mesh material that keeps your body cooler than PU leather
- Waterfall seat edge
- S-shape backrest that mimics the shape of your spine
- Casters feel cheap and don’t roll too well
As you’ve seen from our review, there are many great gaming chairs under $300 that can make many hours of gaming bearable. All the above-listed chairs are sure to make a huge difference in not only the comfort factor but as well as helping to improve your gaming experience.